Collection 6 kg - Bio Raw Alpine Melata d' Bosco, Dandelion and Melata d'Monregalesi
Price includes private delivery from Alps to your home.
Alpine dandelion honey is a nature's candy, one of the most complicated honeys to produce. Melata honeys are one of the rarest and most exceptional honeys that has born with an unique cooperation between bees and aphids.
- 4 x 500 gr Melata d'Bosco Honey
- 4 x 500gr Melata d'Monregalesi Honey
- 4 x 500gr Alpine Dandelion Honey
- All honeys are bio and raw.
- No added sugars, no heating processes.
- Bees are kept healthy with natural methods. No antibiotics, no chemicals used!
- The Alpine environment is clean - pure air and pure water, no villages, no urban life.
- There are no nearby intensive farming, so the bees can work undisturbed without having any source of stress.
- There are no residues of heavy metals, nor traces of herbicides such as dangerous glyphosate.
Unlike other types of honeys, Melata d'Bosco is not derived from the collection of blossom pollen. This unique honey is made by bees that collect special nectar secretion produced by different aphids. Aphids live on alpine fir, oak and linden trees and feeding on the sap therein. Production time is from July to September which is the 'high season' for insects. Aphids are gentle, any rain season can destroy the aphids which makes it not only rarest but also the most complicated.
The honeydew honey remains liquid for a long time, is very sticky and rarely crystallizes completely, has a color from dark amber to almost black, sometimes with greenish hues. Smell and taste is of medium intensity, and the taste is slightly sweet and persistent. Perfect for healthy life-style!
Also this amazing honey is made by bees that collect special nectar secretion produced by different aphids. The area of production is different, therefore the forests are also different. Forest includes more oak trees which give amazing taste palate to the honey, exactly the feeling like honey has been in oak barrels for long time. This gorgeous honey is slightly sweet, it has medium intensity and persistent. It is very sticky and rarely crystallizes completely.
Dandelion honey is like a nature's candy - yellow, tough, flowerly tasty with delicate sweetness. The consistency of this honey is extremely creamy and pasty.
Dandelion honey is a pretty hard honey to be produced, in part because the climatic conditions in Alps. All the difficulties in production mean that the dandelion honey is a rare and valuable. Even there have been years when it was declared by beekeepers' "honey endangered".